Have a look at the Google Map below.
Lazy Duck entrance is on the Nethy Bridge to Tomintoul road, in the forest at the edge of the village.
Find us beside the Fhuarain burn & waterfowl ponds in a forest clearing homestead, looking south to the ‘northern corries’ of the Cairngorms in the heart of the National Park.
View The Lazy Duck in a larger map
Tel / WhatsApp: +447846291154
Address: The Lazy Duck, Nethy Bridge, Inverness-shire, PH25 3ED.
Arriving By Car
From the A9 or the Moray CoastCome to the centre of the village and find the Nethy Bridge Hotel. Follow the Lazy Duck sign in the pub garden, pointing straight up the road to the village boundary, following one signpost to Tomintoul.
From DeesideTake the road to Grantown-on-Spey and turn off to Nethy Bridge (4 miles). Follow a minor road until you see the Lazy Duck entrance on the left just before you enter the village.
Sat-NavBEWARE! Beware, Lazy Duck post code will lead you astray so better to use ‘self-nav’ around Nethy Bridge.
TipComing from the A9, what about stopping at Loch Garten for 10mins before you arrive? It’s clearly signposted on the road from Boat of Garten and well worth a short detour if you have time.
TaxisLocal taxi firms include
- Gerry’s Aviemore Taxis – 01479 849072
- G & N Haggerty Aviemore – 01479 810118
- Weir’s Aviemore – 01479 810141
- JGA’s Taxis Aviemore – 01479 811520
- Paterson’s Taxi Aviemore – 01479 810097
- Strachan Private Hire Grantown-on-Spey – 01479 870025
- L&M Rattray Grantown-on-Spey – 01479 872038
Car HireYou can try Aviemore Car & Van Hire [aviemorerental] or MacDonald’s Self Drive (tel 01479 811444)
Plane, Train & Bus…
By Train…Come by train [Scotrail Website] to Aviemore from Inverness, or from Perth with connections from Edinburgh & Glasgow. You can take an overnight sleeper direct from London to Aviemore with a bargain berth [Bargain Berths] from £14-£49 (booking up to 12 weeks ahead). From Aviemore, why not use our very own Strathspey Steam Railway for the last 10 miles of your journey via Boat of Garten to Broomhill Station (Glenbogle of Monarch of the Glen TV series) and walk or cycle the last 2 miles? [Train Times]
By Bus…Good value to Aviemore is by coach with National Express [National Express] from London and other centres in England and across Europe. Use Scottish Citylink [CityLink] from Inverness, Glasgow, Edinburgh and other places in Scotland. If you use the local to Nethy Bridge from Aviemore or Inverness [view timetable] ask for the Causar Crossroads, find the signpost to Tomintoul and follow the road (5 mins) to find the Lazy Duck entrance track in the forest at the end of the village.
By Plane…Nearest airport is Inverness (30miles) with car hire available.
- Direct from London Gatwick, London Luton and Bristol
- Direct from London, Manchester, Birmingham, Southampton, Belfast and other UK centres and across Europe.
- Flies to Glasgow Prestwick from across Europe followed by a bargain scenic four hour train ride to Aviemore. Present your air ticket or email printout and buy your ticket on the train for a half price single journey to anywhere in Scotland. Just remember you have to change stations in Glasgow (Central to Queen Street is a five minute walk).