£95 per night
for 2 people
Sunday to Thursday
£115 per night
for 2 people
Friday and Saturday
Minimum stay is 2 nights
At weekends you can stay until noon on Sunday
10% discount on any 3 nights
midweek only (Sun – Thurs nights)
Book early for 2015 – prices will change at Easter.
10% Green Travellers Discount – if you arrive on foot or by bicycle
NB. We can offer only one discount per booking but always the one of greater value!
Gift Vouchers available on request for £50, £100 and 3 nights mid-week
Who’s it for
The Woodman’s Hut has been specially designed and set up for independent couples only. We regret we cannot accept ‘booking out’ of multiple accommodations at The Lazy Duck, very sorry.
You should bring in all your own food although you can ask us for home baked bread, fresh laid eggs as available and poly-tunnel salads and veg in the summer.
We suggest you bring easy-to-carry baggage, not big wheelie cases, for the short woodland path leading up to the hut.
Even in mid-summer it’s best to bring a good head-torch, even if you discover you don’t need it. Mostly you will find it useful for the forest path at night and perhaps for evening reading.
We provide all linen, towels, and domestic essentials including candles and fire-lighting materials, logs for the wood-burning stove and peat for the outside fire-pot on request.
Fresh drinking water is provided in water carriers which can be refilled from our mains supply.
You are welcome to shared use of a small fridge/freezer that you can access at any time, 2 mins walk.
We can offer you a phone charging point and an open access internet facility, both 2 mins walk. O2 and Orange mobile networks are fairly good here, others might be less so.
A leisurely session in the wood fired hot tub in the heather or in the dry heat sauna under the poppy-red roof costs from £5 per person and can be arranged in the mornings. These are great followed by an open-sky shower up at the hut under the stars…
Only candles that we provide for your use and are contained inside their candle lanterns may be lit in the hut. Open candles may not be lit anywhere and the candle lanterns may not be transferred to the ‘box bed’ space. There you will find a pleasant 12volt lantern fitted for complete night safety. This is a serious insurance issue for the use of the hut.
Please also help us protect the forest & leave BBQ kits safely at home. We provide a peat fire-pot for minimalist outside cooking when weather conditions allow.
We must also to ask you please to observe one unusual legal (planning) requirement. Residents in the hut must take care to draw the curtains in the two windows facing the forest between sunset and sunrise to avoid any possible light disturbance of capercaillie.
Regrettably visiting dog/s are not possible in the hut on account of the sensitive wildlife in the vicinity. However we can personally recommend a small local kennels offering first class accommodation and individual care at a very reasonable price to enable your pet to get the benefit of the great walks here.
Cleaning and smoking
We clean thoroughly between lets, but because time is limited, we ask you please to leave the hut as clean and tidy as possible; this is always greatly appreciated. In the event of damage, or of your accommodation requiring much more than the usual time we allocate for cleaning following your visit, we have to reserve the right to make a surcharge to cover extra costs.
And be assured, Lazy Duck, including The Woodman’s Hut, is a non-smoking environment including out-of-doors.
Arriving and leaving
You can arrive any time between 4pm and 9pm and we ask you please to text Juan Carlos (JC) on 07505 636 136 when you are about 30mins off to ensure we can be there to meet you and so that the wood stove can be lit in good time when the weather is cold.
Checkout is 10am on day of departure, except on Sundays when you can stay until noon.
Making a Reservation
- On receipt of your completed ‘Contact Us’ form we will reply to you personally and are happy to put your date ‘on hold’ for 48 hours only.
- Within this time we ask that you please e-mail us to notify that your deposit (50% of the total cost of your stay, non-returnable) has been transacted.
- On receipt of your deposit we will confirm your reservation in an e-mail.
Our Cancellation Policy
- If unfortunately you have to cancel please let us know straightaway so that we can re-advertise your dates promptly.
- Then, if we are successful in re-letting we will be happy to refund your deposit, less £50. Sorry, we cannot offer to transfer a deposit to an alternative date once a booking has been confirmed.
Deposit Payments by:-
- BANK TRANSFER – Sort Code 83-22-19 Account 00110378 with TDN and YOUR SURNAME as our reference.
- CHEQUE – Payable to ‘David and Valery Dean’ with ‘TDN’ and the DATE OF YOUR STAY on the reverse please, posted to The Lazy Duck, Nethy Bridge, Inverness-shire PH25 3ED’.
- CARD – Only on receipt of our PayPal invoice sent to your e-mail address (+3% towards the cost of this service)
Balance on Arrival please
- in cash or by cheque only please, as unfortunately we cannot process cards in the hand.
VAT No. 195 0533 03
The next step is for us to talk by e-mail via the form below. If you ring us on 01479 821092 we may well be out and about, so an e-mail is better.