Pricing & Booking
Please use the calendar below to book your stay with us. Please note, this will take you to our external booking site. For any queries please email us.
£95 /night week nights for 2 people & minimum of 2 nights stay
£115 /night Friday & Saturday for 2 people & minimum of 2 nights stay
Gift Vouchers available, please ask for details
Min 4 nights at Christmas and New Year – no price hike
Who’s it forThe Woodman’s Hut has been specially designed and set up for independent couples only. We regret we cannot accept ‘booking out’ of multiple accommodations at The Lazy Duck, very sorry.
Kit listYou should bring in all your own food although you can ask us for home baked bread, fresh laid eggs as available and poly-tunnel salads and veg in the summer. We suggest you bring easy-to-carry baggage, not big wheelie cases, for the short woodland path leading up to the hut. Even in mid-summer it’s best to bring a good head-torch, even if you discover you don’t need it. Mostly you will find it useful for the forest path at night and perhaps for evening reading.
What’s includedWe provide all linen, towels, and domestic essentials including candles and fire-lighting materials, logs for the wood-burning stove and peat for the outside fire-pot on request. Fresh drinking water is provided in water carriers which can be refilled from our mains supply. You are welcome to shared use of a small fridge/freezer that you can access at any time, 2 mins walk. We can offer you a phone charging point and an open access internet facility, both 2 mins walk. O2 and Orange mobile networks are fairly good here, others might be less so.
Fire SafetyOnly candles that we provide for your use and are contained inside their candle lanterns may be lit in the hut. Open candles may not be lit anywhere and the candle lanterns may not be transferred to the ‘box bed’ space. There you will find a pleasant 12volt lantern fitted for complete night safety. This is a serious insurance issue for the use of the hut. Please also help us protect the forest & leave BBQ kits safely at home. We provide a peat fire-pot for minimalist outside cooking when weather conditions allow.
CapercaillieWe must also to ask you please to observe one unusual legal (planning) requirement. Residents in the hut must take care to draw the curtains in the two windows facing the forest between sunset and sunrise to avoid any possible light disturbance of capercaillie.
DogsRegrettably visiting dog/s are not possible in the hut on account of the sensitive wildlife in the vicinity. However we can personally recommend a small local kennels offering first class accommodation and individual care at a very reasonable price to enable your pet to get the benefit of the great walks here.
Cleaning and smokingWe clean thoroughly between lets, but because time is limited, we ask you please to leave the hut as clean and tidy as possible; this is always greatly appreciated. In the event of damage, or of your accommodation requiring much more than the usual time we allocate for cleaning following your visit, we have to reserve the right to make a surcharge to cover extra costs. And be assured, Lazy Duck, including The Woodman’s Hut, is a non-smoking environment, including out-of-doors and including e-cigarettes.
Arriving and LeavingEarliest check in is 4pm. Latest is 9pm. Please give us a call on +44 (0)1479 821 092 when you are around 30 minutes away so we can be sure to be on hand to welcome you – and to have your wood stove on where applicable! Checkout is any time up to 10am on day of departure.
Hot Tub, Sauna & Swedish MassageLazy Duck’s wood fired hot tub and infra-red sauna can only be booked on the day, and not in advance of your holiday unfortunately.
- For the hot tub we need to have a request by 10am on the same day. If you are not already here to speak to us in person the number to use is 07597 461 577. A minimum charge of £25 applies, however depending on uptake on the day costs can be shared on the basis of £7.50 per person, per 1 hour private session. Very sorry, we cannot offer the hot tub on New Year’s Eve, nor on Christmas Day.
- For the 2-person sauna we need to have notice 90mins in advance and a minimum charge of £7.50 applies. A standard 40 minute private session with music (your choice) for 2 people costs £10, normally available on any day of the year.
- To relax, refresh and unwind with a Swedish massage treatment provided in our own Wellbeing Studio please contact Jo of Whole Soul Cairngorms Massage Therapy. Prices from £25.00 for a 30 minute appointment. Advance booking essential on 07905 883 134 or via Facebook at www.facebook.com/
Our Cancellation Policy
- If unfortunately you have to cancel please let us know straightaway so that we can re-advertise your dates promptly.
- Then, if we are successful in re-letting we will be happy to refund your deposit, less £50. Sorry, we cannot offer to transfer a deposit to an alternative date once a booking has been confirmed.