The Duck’s Nest
Sunday to Thursday nights
£95 per night for 2 people (min 2 nights)10% discount on any 3 nights mid-week
Friday and Saturday nights
£115 per night for 2 people (min 2 nights)You can stay up to 12 noon on a Sunday
10% Green Travellers Discount – if you arrive on foot or by bicycle(NB. We can offer only one discount per booking but always the one of greater value!)
GIFT VOUCHERS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST for £50, £100 and 3 NIGHTS MID-WEEK
Who’s it forThe Duck’s Nest has been specially designed and set up for independent couples only. We regret we cannot accept ‘booking out’ of multiple accommodations at The Lazy Duck, very sorry.
Kit listYou should bring in all your own food although you can ask us for home baked bread, fresh laid eggs as available and poly-tunnel salads and veg from mid-summer onwards. We suggest you bring easy-to-carry baggage, not wheelie cases, for the short path leading to the hut. It’s best to bring a good head-torch even if you find you don’t need it in mid-summer, as there’s no outside lighting, – and there’s water nearby.
What’s includedWe provide all linen, towels, and domestic essentials including fire-lighting materials, logs for the wood-burning stove and the outside chimenea fire. Fresh drinking water is provided in water carriers which can be refilled from our mains supply (1 min walk). We offer an open access internet facility. Orange mobile and O2 networks are fairly good here, others might be less so. The wood-fired hot tub on the edge of the Lazy Duck grounds, and the dry heat sauna under the poppy-red roof cost from £5 per person for an extended session. Ask us in the morning.
Fire SafetyOnly those candles that we provide for your use may be lit in the hut and should remain in their allocated space please. This is an essential issue with regard to occupancy of the hut. Please also help us protect the forest & leave BBQ kits safely at home. We provide a wood burning chimenea suitable for minimalist outside cooking when weather conditions allow. In dry windy weather there can be a serious fire risk in any forest environment so please be prepared for advice on the use of the outside fire at any time of the year.
DogsRegrettably visiting dog/s are not possible at The Lazy Duck on account of the free roaming waterfowl and the sensitive wildlife in the vicinity. However we can personally recommend a small local kennel offering first class accommodation and individual care at a reasonable price to enable your pet to get the benefit of the great walks here, if you so wish.
Cleaning & SmokingWe clean thoroughly between lets, but because time is limited, we ask you please to leave the hut as clean and tidy as possible, this is always greatly appreciated. In the event of damage, or of your accommodation requiring much more than the usual time we allocate for cleaning following your visit, we have to reserve the right to make a surcharge to cover extra costs. Be assured that Lazy Duck, including The Duck’s Nest, is a non-smoking environment, including out-of-doors.
Arriving and leavingYou can arrive any time between 4pm and 9pm and we ask you please to give us an estimate of your arrival time beforehand. Also to text Juan Carlos (JC) on 07505 636 136 when you are about 30mins off to make sure we can be on hand to meet you and to be sure that the wood stove can be lit in good time if the weather is cold. Checkout is 10am on day of departure, except on Sundays when you can stay until noon.
Making a Reservation
- On receipt of your completed ‘Contact Us’ form we will reply to you personally and are happy to put your date ‘on hold’ for 48 hours only.
- Within this time we ask that you please e-mail us to notify that your deposit (50% of the total cost of your stay, non-returnable) has been transacted.
- On receipt of your deposit we will confirm your reservation in an e-mail.
Our Cancellation Policy
- If unfortunately you have to cancel please let us know straightaway so that we can re-advertise your dates promptly.
- Then, if we are successful in re-letting we will be happy to refund your deposit, less £50. Sorry, we cannot offer to transfer a deposit to an alternative date once a booking has been confirmed.
Deposit Payments by
- BANK TRANSFER – Sort Code 83-22-19 Account 00110378 with TDN and YOUR SURNAME as our reference.
- CHEQUE – Payable to ‘David and Valery Dean’ with ‘TDN’ and the DATE OF YOUR STAY on the reverse please, posted to The Lazy Duck, Nethy Bridge, Inverness-shire PH25 3ED’.
- CARD – Only on receipt of our PayPal invoice sent to your e-mail address (+3% towards the cost of this service)
Balance on Arrival please
- in cash or by cheque only please, as unfortunately we cannot process cards in the hand.