Pricing & Booking.
Please use the calendar below to book your stay with us. Please note, this will take you to our external booking site. The information shown in the calendar updates automatically so you might need to refresh your browser between sessions. For any queries please email us.
£95 /night week nights for 2 people & minimum of 2 nights stay
£115 /night Friday & Saturday for 2 people & minimum of 2 nights stay
Gift Vouchers available, please ask for details
Min 4 nights at Christmas and New Year – no price hike
Who’s it forThe Duck’s Nest has been specially designed and set up for independent couples only. We regret we cannot accept ‘booking out’ of multiple accommodations at The Lazy Duck, very sorry.
Kit listYou should bring in all your own food although you can ask us for home baked bread, fresh laid eggs as available and poly-tunnel salads and veg from mid-summer onwards. We suggest you bring easy-to-carry baggage, not wheelie cases, for the short path leading to the hut. It’s best to bring a good head-torch even if you find you don’t need it in mid-summer, as there’s no outside lighting, – and there’s water nearby.
What’s includedWe provide all linen, towels, and domestic essentials including fire-lighting materials, logs for the wood-burning stove and the outside chimenea fire. Fresh drinking water is provided in water carriers which can be refilled from our mains supply (1 min walk). We offer an open access internet facility. Orange mobile and O2 networks are fairly good here, others might be less so. The wood-fired hot tub on the edge of the Lazy Duck grounds, and the dry heat sauna under the poppy-red roof cost from £5 per person for an extended session. Ask us in the morning.
Fire SafetyOnly those candles that we provide for your use may be lit in the hut and should remain in their allocated space please. This is an essential issue with regard to occupancy of the hut. Please also help us protect the forest & leave BBQ kits safely at home. We provide a wood burning chimenea suitable for minimalist outside cooking when weather conditions allow. In dry windy weather there can be a serious fire risk in any forest environment so please be prepared for advice on the use of the outside fire at any time of the year.
DogsRegrettably visiting dog/s are not possible at The Lazy Duck on account of the free roaming waterfowl and the sensitive wildlife in the vicinity. However we can personally recommend a small local kennel offering first class accommodation and individual care at a reasonable price to enable your pet to get the benefit of the great walks here, if you so wish.
Cleaning & SmokingWe clean thoroughly between lets, but because time is limited, we ask you please to leave the hut as clean and tidy as possible, this is always greatly appreciated. In the event of damage, or of your accommodation requiring much more than the usual time we allocate for cleaning following your visit, we have to reserve the right to make a surcharge to cover extra costs. Be assured that Lazy Duck, including The Duck’s Nest, is a non-smoking environment, including out-of-doors and including e-cigarettes.
Arriving and LeavingEarliest check in is 4pm. Latest is 9pm. Please give us a call on +44 (0)1479 821 092 when you are around 30 minutes away so we can be sure to be on hand to welcome you – and to have your wood stove on where applicable! Checkout is any time up to 10am on day of departure.
Hot Tub, Sauna & Swedish MassageLazy Duck’s wood fired hot tub and infra-red sauna can only be booked on the day, and not in advance of your holiday unfortunately.
- For the hot tub we need to have a request by 10am on the same day. If you are not already here to speak to us in person the number to use is 07597 461 577. A minimum charge of £25 applies, however depending on uptake on the day costs can be shared on the basis of £7.50 per person, per 1 hour private session. Very sorry, we cannot offer the hot tub on New Year’s Eve, nor on Christmas Day.
- For the 2-person sauna we need to have notice 90mins in advance and a minimum charge of £7.50 applies. A standard 40 minute private session with music (your choice) for 2 people costs £10, normally available on any day of the year.
- To relax, refresh and unwind with a Swedish massage treatment provided in our own Wellbeing Studio please contact Jo of Whole Soul Cairngorms Massage Therapy. Prices from £25.00 for a 30 minute appointment. Advance booking essential on 07905 883 134 or via Facebook at www.facebook.com/
Our Cancellation Policy
- If unfortunately you have to cancel please let us know straightaway so that we can re-advertise your dates promptly.
- Then, if we are successful in re-letting we will be happy to refund your deposit, less £50. Sorry, we cannot offer to transfer a deposit to an alternative date once a booking has been confirmed.